Rabosai
After an amazing kick off Shabbos Kodesh in upstate Beaver Lake, I've decided to make a blog to update the Chevra about future get togethers.I hope that we can get together AT LEAST once a month. Whether be for a Shabbos, or a Shalosh Seudos, Melalve Malka or even a Rosh Chodesh Farbrengen....feel free to email me or to post ideas!! JakeSberman@gmail.com
Kol Tuv.
Jakey

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Siyata Dishmaya

FROM JARED SCHMIDT:
Wow. Miracle. I'm pulling a Rav Machlis. (For all of you who don't know Rav Machlis, he's a teacher I had at Lev Hatorah this past year who advocated, among many other beautiful practices, the recording of personal miracles in a journal.)
I just got the song "One Day" stuck in my head. So I went on iTunes to buy it (along with like, a bunch of other stuff, cus I got sucked into the consumer mentality...). Ok. Cool. THAT's done...but then I see this nifty thing iTunes does called "Home Sharing." I think it shares all my iTunes purchases on THIS computer with all OTHER computers on any home network I may have. Now. I don't really HAVE a home network, and if I DID, it wouldn't REALLY be necessary for me to share my iTunes purchases with any other computers in my home. But I could do it, so I wanted to.
Unfortunately, when I tried, I found that I forgot my password for my account. So I had to go to Apple online and have them send it to me.
Unfortunately, when I checked my gmail, I didn't see an email from them. So, I took a shot in the dark and I checked my Yahoo account, which I sort of abandoned a few months ago.
Now. I had no email from Apple in my inbox, but I did have an email from a friend who sent out a mass email telling his friends and family that his father is going through open heart surgery tomorrow, Thursday, January 27th, 2011, and asking for us to keep him and his name (Ephraim David ben Sarah) in our thoughts, and our hearts.
I would totally NOT have known about this if not for Apple, iTunes, Matisyahu, and my slightly obsessive nature. Oh. And of course...also if not for God :P
So...thanks, God. You da man, yo.
Just felt like sharing. I'm gunna send this before I get second thoughts about sounding stupid, or something...
Peace and love, chevra, brothers, sisters...

No comments:

Post a Comment